[PD] asio

Michael Casey mkc at media.mit.edu
Fri May 24 20:53:16 CEST 2002

I have not had any problem with ASIO, but I use a version of PD with
the static variable changes in pa_asio.cpp

// static int sDefaultOutputDeviceID = 0; // comment out defaults
// static int sDefaultInputDeviceID = 0;

static int sDefaultOutputDeviceID = 2;   // replace default driver
static int sDefaultInputDeviceID = 2;

2 is the device number of my soundcard's native ASIO driver, 0 and 1 are
the MME and WDM ASIO drivers. As far as I can tell, PD does not set this
number from the command line, so at the moment you must change it and
recompile.

Best regards,

Michael