[PD] Gem.pd_linux -> raw1394_errcode_to_errno, libquicktime.so

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Tue May 28 16:33:58 CEST 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:

> notice the "(cached)"
> try "rm config.cache" before "./configure"

That did it right there! Thank you.

Now if I load the lib into PD I get the error:

/usr/local/gem-0.87/Gem.pd_linux: /usr/lib/libquicktime.so: undefined
symbol: raw1394_errcode_to_errno
Gem: can't load library

What version(s) of quicktime does gem-0.87 require? The link to
quicktime4linux in the readme does not work. So I got my quicktime4linux
at http://heroinewarrior.com/quicktime.php3 Which is version 1.5.5. What
versions have other people successfully compiled with? Where could I get
them?

Thanks again, for all your time.
Ben Bogart

> your (and my) problem is, that "find" keeps just finding the wrong
> (e.g.: old) entries.
> i have no idea how to force "find" to list some directories before others.
> anyone ????
>
> so now there are three hints (i guess "solution" reach too far...)
> 1. try to build Gem in a clean tree, where no prior Gem installations
> can be found at src/Gnu/../../..
> 2. go to the release-sources that are found (like gem-0.84/src/Gnu) and
> do a "./makeauxlibs" there, so that the libraries can be found there...
>
> 3. locate the offending library (libparticle.a); make sure that it's
> path is in the LDFLAGS-line of the Makefile (something like
> "-L../../../gem-0.84/src/AuxLibs/particles"
>
> mfg.cds.er
> IOhannes
>

> PS: there is no real difference between the src/Gnu/makauxlibs and the
> GemLibs/makauxlibs
> i just added the makeauxlibs the the GemLibs to make them compilable
> even without having gem installed

B. Bogart
---------