[PD] some clues about dynamic creation

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed May 29 10:15:07 CEST 2002

hi Yves,

Yves Degoyon wrote:
 > faulty behaviours with messaging :
 >
 > a/ "find" & "cut" messages make PD crash
 > if the patch is not displayed.

the find feature has been fixed in test24.

While I am not sure why would you want to send 'cut' to a closed
window (in which there is nothing selected), this should not
crash Pd.  But it is probably hard to fix properly, esp. prior to
making `glist'-handling stabilize for good (properly: taking into
account canvas' self-destruction too)...  but well, invisible
`glists' are real pain for me (vide rabin~)...

 > b/ "pop" message doesn't work :
 >
 > the message is :
 > "Consistency check failed: gstack_pop"

it does, but one has to push things first to be able to pop them
later!  Actually, 'pop' message is used for creating a new main
canvas via: '; pd filename <fname> <dir>; #N canvas; pop 1'

 > * there's no "editmode 0" or "editmode 1",
 > it's rather a toggle and the message is only "editmode"

more precisely:  there is 'editmode 1' (always entering editmode),
but 'editmode 0' is interpreted as 'editmode' (a toggle) -- seems
like a bug, esp. taking into account handling of a 'dirty flag'...

Krzysztof