[PD] displaying images with GEM

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Wed May 29 15:29:33 CEST 2002

If you send an "open [filename]" message to the pix_image it will load
that image, this does not effect rendering, it will simply come up when
it loads. What do you want to trigger your images?

I think multiimage stores the images in memory so they are called up
faster, but I never had a speed problem loading images with pix_image,
depends on the frequency.

you can always use openpanel to supply the filename.

Ben

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Timothy Nicol wrote:

> hi all,
>
> just a quick question. Is it possible to display an image dynamically
> with gem?  I want to be able to choose the file to open (eg with
> pix_image) while the patch is running.  Is this possible?
>
> Please help!
>
> -Tim

B. Bogart
---------