[PD] Problem running VST~ object

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 29 17:29:08 CEST 2002

hi !

i have no idea about the VST~ object, but:::

Dave Payling wrote:
> Hi
> Here is my .bat file...
>
>   pd -lib ../vst/Release/vst -noadc -midiindev 1 -midioutdev 1 set
> VST_PATH=D:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins
<...>
> The 'no such file or directory' error only occurs when I include the set
> VST_PATH command, but the path is definitely correct.

well, this is easy;
pd does not know anything about an argument "set". therefore it tries to
interprete "set" as a filename to be loaded (which will fail, unless you
have a file "set" in your path, that holds a pd-patch). the same goes
for "VST_PATH=D:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins"

the correct solution is (i guess) to tell you OS that the VST_PATH is ....
you can do this with "set", but you have to tell your OS to do so, not pd.

thus, your .bat file should read:
<snip>
set VST_PATH=D:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins
pd -lib ../vst/Release/vst -noadc -midiindev 1 -midioutdev 1
</snip>

these are two separate lines !

mfg.c.saser
IOhannes