[PD] Input Controllers for Pd with finer grain than MIDI

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri May 31 17:42:00 CEST 2002

HI all,

Sorry for the belated reply...

Here's a dejitter algo I use on sliders, joysticks, etc...  You choose
a constant jitter amount and essentially build a loose steering
linkage.  Call the constant JITTER, and do the following (in pseudo-code):

if (input > last-output + JITTER)
	last-output = input - JITTER

else if (input < last-output)
	last-output = input

... then output the new "last-output", possibly filtering out repetitions
of the same value.  You can do this in Pd using "moses" objects, for
instance.  Note that the output range is the input range minus JITTER,
so if it's MIDI and JITTER is one, the output will be 0-126.

cheers
Miller