[PD] help on random samplePlayer

Andre Schmidt andre at vju.info
Mon Jun 3 12:44:35 CEST 2002

hi,

i tested pecycle and it's VERY cool, i love it !!! (but too high for my
newbie brain to modify/understand it :)... didn't quite understand if you
played the audio-slices from one array/table or was every slice played from
its own array/table... as i am now seriously planning this project, here are
some questions that i need as corner stones before i start my journey...

1. table/array is THE way to store audiosamples for playback ???
2. what object to use for playback (tableplay~, xgroove~...) ???
3. performance difference between playing audioslices from their own tables
or jumping to slicepoints in 1 array/table ??? (i would prefer jumping in 1
table)

i managed to get my idea 2 work with 1table and xgroove~. but when i jump
with "pos" in xgroove~ from point Y to point X i hear clicks. i think i know
why the clicks come (the position of the sample in the end of Y is not same
as in start of X), but i'm too newbie to know how to eliminate them...

thnx
-andre
ps. any info on playing audio from tables is welcome