[PD] windows xp , pd .35 test 24 , cpu overload .

joge . joge at goodship.net
Mon Jun 3 23:23:12 CEST 2002

hello all ,

i recently upgraded my win2k sony vaio z505ls laptop to windows xp .. this
is the machine that i usually run pd off of .  however after doing a clean
install of windows xp , when ever i run pd my cpu gets loaded .  if there is
nothing running in the pd window then i can still open up a patch ...
however once i load patches that i had on the this machine before , the
computer comes to a crawl .  i installed the sony drivers before ever trying
to run pd with windows xp installed so i dont know if this is the cause of
the problem .  is any one else running windows xp and pd ?  if so are you
having any issues with the combination ?

i even tried minimizing the pd window to see if it was some graphical
component that was eating up the cpu but that didnt help at all .  i also
tried the -nogui option but it gives me the "audio I/O stuck ... closing
audio" message  and the system again comes to a crawl .

thanks again

joge .