[PD] best way of doing this

Chris McCormick chris at perthweb.net.au
Wed Jun 5 09:33:53 CEST 2002

Hi,
I want to do the following quantization operation:

multiply my signal (which is between 0 and 1) by some number (say 1000)
round it to the nearest integer
divide my signal again by 1000

this effectively makes the signal snap to 1000ths between 0 and 1 and as
you make the quantizing number smaller you get a really nice harmonically
rich crunchyness come through which sounds great when you filter it (sounds
wicked on drum loops). Basically i'm wondering what's the best way of doing
this in Pd? I can't seem to find any 'round to the nearest integer'
operation that will work on signals.

Thx in advance for your help!

Regards,

Chris.
Chris McCormick - Systems Developer - PerthWeb Pty Ltd
Internet Solutions for your business!
Level 9/105 St George's Tc - Perth - Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9226 1366 Fax: (08) 9226 1375
Visit Perth online! : www.perthweb.com.au
PGP Key = http://www.perthweb.com.au/~chris/public.txt