[PD] (newbie) troubles and questions: monorhythm, iemlib, pdstartup etc

booey chewy booeyschewy at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 21:35:40 CEST 2002

I spent a good deal of time last night messing with
stuff and have some questions, I'll go basic to less
so.

with messages, how am I supposed to enter them? Say I
want to create a start up batch file. ALl the lit says
I ought to write "-path c:\pd\bin\pd" or alternatively
"c:\pd\bin\pd -nomidiin -path" or something. (ps that
is how my path looks). Now my program is not having
any of that. It functions only when I write
"c:\pd\bin\pd" Fine, so I can write a simple .bat I am
just curious what the proper method of message
entering is. When i write -path.... or -lib.... I get
the message "-lib no such object"

next, I am having similar problems installing iemlib.
I need to add the commands
(c:\pd\iemlib\lib\iemgui...) to my startup .bat and I
can't get it to recognize them. I think this is due to
my ignorance about commands. Either is goes through
lots and lots of lines and then quits, gives me a
win32 error and shuts down, or says no such object. I
have seen the files on how to make a start up for
windows.I also have copied all the right stuff and
whatnot that the iemlib readme says to

3rd monorhythm, I assume this object (in mjlib i
think) just sets up a series of clocks for controlling
sequencers for polyrhythms. How do I connect these
with sequencers (say the analogue sequencer in the
doc.reference audio examples). I guess this is more of
a question as to how loadbang works, how to build and
connect sequencers to oscillators.

Is there any docs that deal with this stuff?
Connection sequencers, loadbang, basics etc? Beyond
the manual, the tutorial on pure-data.org, and
whatnot.

todd