[PD] libraries - more newbie-isms

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Jun 6 10:03:55 CEST 2002

hi Chris,

probably someone has answered this already, but in case not:

Chris McCormick wrote:
 > /usr/local/lib/pd/externs via make install. But when i run "pd -lib
 > /usr/local/lib/pd/externs/zexy.pd_linux" it doesn't load. I get

do not use the suffix, otherwise Pd attempts to load
zexy.pd_linux.pd_linux

 > Also, I can't seem to find in any of the documentation the correct
 > format for the .pdrc file. Can someone point out to me where I can find
 > this?

<rant>there is no documentation, because there is no such thing as
the correct format of the .pdrc file</rant> -- well, it is just
a place to put commandline options for Pd, and the syntax is the
same, as that of commandline (the special bonus is that you do not
need to put \ before linebreaks :-)

Krzysztof