[PD] libraries - more newbie-isms

Chris McCormick chris at perthweb.net.au
Thu Jun 6 10:10:51 CEST 2002

At 10:03 6/06/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>hi Chris,
>
>probably someone has answered this already, but in case not:
>
>Chris McCormick wrote:
> > /usr/local/lib/pd/externs via make install. But when i run "pd -lib
> > /usr/local/lib/pd/externs/zexy.pd_linux" it doesn't load. I get
>
>do not use the suffix, otherwise Pd attempts to load
>zexy.pd_linux.pd_linux

Great, thanks. Someone did tell me something along these lines already.
Will give it a shot.

> > Also, I can't seem to find in any of the documentation the correct
> > format for the .pdrc file. Can someone point out to me where I can find
> > this?
>
><rant>there is no documentation, because there is no such thing as
>the correct format of the .pdrc file</rant> -- well, it is just
>a place to put commandline options for Pd, and the syntax is the
>same, as that of commandline (the special bonus is that you do not
>need to put \ before linebreaks :-)

That is awesome. If only everything in life was so simple.

Thanks again all, for your help.

Chris.

Chris McCormick - Systems Developer - PerthWeb Pty Ltd
Internet Solutions for your business!
Level 9/105 St George's Tc - Perth - Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9226 1366 Fax: (08) 9226 1375
Visit Perth online! : www.perthweb.com.au
PGP Key = http://www.perthweb.com.au/~chris/public.txt