[PD] sequencing?

Andre Schmidt andre at vju.info
Thu Jun 6 19:57:00 CEST 2002

hi,

sorry that i have so many questions but my first audio project is evolving so fast that my PD knowledge can't keep up :)

so, whats the best way to make a sequencer ?
(attachment[26kb] is a snapshot of my sequencer GUI... slider,toggle,number,dial)[it runs from left to right]

is PDs table(S!) "fast" enough or is there an good external ?

@the moment i'm using 2 tables (but would need atleast 5), A1=stepON/OF and A2=jumppoint.
a counter plays from 1 to 32 and "reads" the tableA1, if tableA1[xy]=1 then tableA2 is sending his value to xgroove as [pos]...

the question could be: which is faster (for performance)?
a. 10 tables read @ the same time to give 10floats out
b. 1 table read @ 10 numbers a time to give 10floats out
c. specific external
d. something else, kanada :)

gotta clean my patch and send it in the next days (so you can see what im babelin here :)

thnx
-andre
ps. i still need to know how i sync pd with an external midi sequencer... (no object/external yet?)
pss. first live test (before audioramp for jumping, so clicks are intentional, ignore. i just don't have "bock" now to record a better one and i wanted to post an audio link in this mail) www.vju-tv.net/lda012-test01.mp3 (~760kb)