[PD] tips

Chris McCormick chris at perthweb.net.au
Fri Jun 7 05:06:51 CEST 2002

Hi,

In playing around with PD, i'm finding that the patches i'm designing are
coming across sounding too pure and clean. Does anyone have any tips for
adding some kind of random crustiness to sounds? To get sounds that detune
in an authentic analogue style, and filters which distort slightly at the
low end etc. I'm trying things out like modulating with brown noise etc.
which is working fairly well, but I thought that maybe someone else is into
the same aesthetic, and could give me some tips.

Feel free to reply off list if this is not the appropriate forum for this
kind of discussion.

Regards,

Chris.
Chris McCormick - Systems Developer - PerthWeb Pty Ltd
Internet Solutions for your business!
Level 9/105 St George's Tc - Perth - Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9226 1366 Fax: (08) 9226 1375
Visit Perth online! : www.perthweb.com.au
PGP Key = http://www.perthweb.com.au/~chris/public.txt