[PD] about presets

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Fri Jun 7 10:58:26 CEST 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> hi Yves,
>
> I am not sure maintaining `state' external is an option, unless
> there is a way of querying gui objects for their state.  Since there
> is no api with access methods, one would need to take for granted,
> that the structs declared in g_all_guis.h will not change for some
> time.  But even if there is a (permanent) api, I think the proper
> place for a `preset' (or `state') class would be alongside Pd gui
> internals.

hasnt that been the case once ?
I don't want to do the implementation, because I am not  going to mess
around in the iem gui objects.
On the other hand, the state object has one big disadvantage, that is,
if you delete gui objects in a patch you can't load previously saved
states anymore. So we have to find a solution to name the objects
automatically and permanently (writing the name to the .pd files).
This way the states could be loaded after edits too.

Guenter