[PD] pddp - a proposal

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 7 11:09:36 CEST 2002

David Sabine wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've continued in my original direction and received an encouring message
> from Mr. Watson which inspired me to submit THIS message with the following
> attached documents:

great, that you are doing the work.

still i have some proposals:
1.) as i have only looked into one help patch yet (namely "bang.pd") i
do not know whether this applies to all patches:
the "related objects" section is great, but maybe you should include a
hint from which libraries (Gem, iemlib,...) they originate (where it is
appropriate), since it gives error messages if the correct library
wasn't loaded, and people get frustrated.

2.) i do not know how others think about this, but maybe it would be
better to not propagate patches continously via this list.
i'd prefer to have a (central) download-site where you (anyone) can
upload your (his/her) contributions, and people can get it on demand.
if you don't have access to your own webspace, feel free to use
ftp://iem.kug.ac.at/incoming/pdwiki/pddp (maybe with announcments at the
wiki-page http://pd.iem.at/pdwiki in addition to the list)

mfg.c.asdr
IOhannes