[PD] MIDI Note Off

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Fri Jun 7 20:12:58 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 10:15, Michal Seta wrote:
> On 07 Jun 2002 01:44:40 -0400
> Joseph Zitt <jzitt at josephzitt.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to catch "note off"
> > messages? (If so, that would be a way around the polyphonic issue for
> > what I'm trying to do now.) Is there another way to handle a polyphonic
> > keyboard?
> >

> [notein] has 3 outlets: pitch,velocity,MIDI channel.
> A note-off is a note with velocity=0.
> Maybe you're not monitoring the velocity?

Ah! OK, my MIDI knowledge was rustier than I thought. Looking at the
example patch (I haven't written any MIDI-based patches myself yet), I
see that it, indeed, is sending the note with velocity 0. This makes
things much simpler.

Thanks! (to you and to the several others who responded.)

--
| josephzitt at josephzitt.com                 http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |