[PD] pddp - a proposal

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Sat Jun 8 08:51:19 CEST 2002

Hello IOhannes and all,

I appreciate your comments IOhannes and I agree that the "related objects"
section needs to be more clear as to which objects are native to PD and
which are not.  (I suppose I left out that information because it takes up a
lot of space on screen and I wanted to confine the documents to 1024 x 768.)
In hindsight, I should have put a sub-patch in for related objects!  That is
something I will do very soon.

I also agree with you that this list is not the ideal way to distribute
these files.  I received a comment from Steven (SYi at waveexpress.com) who
asked if these are available on the web somewhere.

IOhannes, I have web space of my own that I'm willing to use and I've
started a web page already for this purpose.  I appreciate your willingness
to store the files at WikiWikiWeb - I plan to submit my zip file to your
WikiWeb as well as maintain my own site.

Having said all of that, I've received enough encouragement that I've
decided to continue my work as I find time.  (Although I haven't received
any approval or concerns from Mr. Puckette -- I just hope that he/you will
tell me if and when I'm doing something terribly wrong or working against
his/your goals for PD's development)  In other words, if you like what I'm
doing I'd really like to get an "Okay" from you - if you don't like what I'm
doing I'd like to get a "Stop" message.

I have a question: perhaps I should send announcements of updates to
PD-Announce?  Or is this PD-List the appropriate place for such things?

Regards,
Dave Sabine

p.s.: I've uploaded the latest files (with descriptions) to
http://www.davesabine.com/media/puredata.asp?action=downloads  That site now
includes 10 revised help documents - my latest work is the "select.pd" file.
p.s.s.: Very shortly I'll be visiting the WikiWikiWeb and submitting a small
zip file there as IOhannes has recommended.