[PD] Varying a "send" destination

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Mon Jun 10 02:40:18 CEST 2002

I'm writing a patch in which a MIDI keyboard controls a series of
pitch-shifters.For example, pressing the middle C key would open up the
pitch shifter 61-shift, with the relative volume of its output set by
the velocity of the "note in" message.

It seems to me that the easiest way to do this, if possible, would be
to have each pitch-shifter fed by a different receive object. Thus,
a notein with note 61, velocity 64, and channel 1 would send the message
"64" to the receive named "61-receive".

Ideally, this would require having a message inlet change the
destination of a send object. It would be something like (and I know
this doesn't work) "send $1-receive $2", where $1 was the note and $2
was the velocity.

Can something akin to this be done? I've tried different ways without
success, checked the various docs, and even tried to read the source
code to the send object (which I admit not comprehending at all).

Thanks for any clues.

--
| josephzitt at josephzitt.com                 http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |