[PD] Varying a "send" destination

sme marius.schebella at chello.at
Mon Jun 10 08:30:27 CEST 2002

hi,
the dynamically sending is done with a message beginning with a semicolon
(;). a semicolon changes the destination of a message to the symbol
following the semicolon:
[;fred 999(
would send the number 999 to the (receive-)object fred. the semicolons
clears the "current destination" (usually the outlet of the message objct)
and redirects messages to the object "fred". the destination must be a
symbol, ... with [pack s 0] you can go innto a message [;$1 $2( and the $1
will be replaced with the destination-symbol and the $2 with a float (or
what you will want to send).
marius.