[PD] Varying a "send" destination

damien_henry at libertysurf.fr damien_henry at libertysurf.fr
Mon Jun 10 10:19:48 CEST 2002

Hi.

The excelent remote object from Olaf matthes do this.
(I mean sending somthing to somwhere dynamicaly)
the message : "test foo 1"
will send "foo 1" to test

(you'll find where to download it on this list)
about ";" concatenation you can use an "add" selector
used onto a message.

Cheers
Damien.

> Joseph Zitt hat gesagt: // Joseph Zitt wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that the easiest way to do this, if
possible, would be
> > to have each pitch-shifter fed by a different receive
object. Thus,
> > a notein with note 61, velocity 64, and channel 1
would send the message
> > "64" to the receive named "61-receive".
> >
> > Ideally, this would require having a message inlet
change the
> > destination of a send object. It would be something
like (and I know
> > this doesn't work) "send $1-receive $2", where $1 was
the note and $2
> > was the velocity.
>
> It's easy, if you saw it once: You can send messages
out of messages if
> you build a message starting with ";".
>
> You probably did this a lot already with [; pd dsp 1(.
Dynamic
> messages can be done in the same way, see attached
patch.

> ciao,
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                               _
______footils.org__

Profitez de l'offre exceptionnelle Tiscali !
"Internet Gratuit le Jour"
Cliquez ici, http://register.tiscali.fr/forfaits_ls/
Offre soumise à conditions.