[PD] {newbie} help with connecting envelopes and sequencers, metatables

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jun 10 23:19:40 CEST 2002

Hi,
booey chewy hat gesagt: // booey chewy wrote:

> with more focus: (1) at what point does an envelope
> intersect with the oscillator? Sometimes I have seen
> it at *~ other times it is elsewhere. (2) where and
> how does the sequencer trigger the envelopes.

The adsr in the docs outputs a signal that you can use to scale or
shape the amplitude of e.g. an osc~ if you multiply the output of both
with [*~] The osc~ in PD has a max amplitude of 1, the adsr you can
set to have a max of 1.

> Secondly, is it possible to create 2nd-order or
> metalists? What I have in mind is to have a series
> independent sequencers (ie tabread or whatever)and
> then create macrostructures by higher-order
> "sequencers" which trigger and read off the first
> order lists in a specified sequential order.
You can for example create some tables with names like 1-sequence,
2-sequence, 3-sequence, ... to store the main data and then create a
master table that stores the position of the numbers of the first tables.

Then you [tabread] through the master table and construct the real
sequence names with dollar symbols in messages like
 [tabread] --...--> [set $1-sequence( --> [tabread] --...--> play

ciao,