[PD] midi clock object

Jilt van Moorst jilt at robotfunk.com
Tue Jun 11 21:58:35 CEST 2002

>the flow became faster when i increased the bpm in polymorph...
>so it seems it sends a "bang" with a "metro X" and X is calculated from BPM...
>(could be: timingclock[F8]=bang, start[FA]=1, stop[FC]=3...)

I can't make a patch doing this as I haven't even managed to get PD
installed properly at all yet, let alone experiment making patches, but
here's the basics of syncing to midi

from the moment you receive the start (FA), count the F8's (clock ticks)
which occur 24 times every quarter note.

The laziest way is just progressing 1/24th of a quarter note each time an
F8 is received. (if you have control over playback head)
if you want the 'current bpm' value   measure the time difference between
the last 2 ( or the average of more for smoothness ) received F8's

  hope this helps a bit, wish i could explain it in a pd patch

regards
Jilt van Moorst
www.robotfunk.com