[PD] pd & text->speech

Michal Seta mis at creazone.com
Thu Jun 13 07:05:26 CEST 2002

wow, didn't realise that asking about speech so innocently would
generate so much traffic :)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:50:49 +0200
"Bryan Jurish" <moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> other possibilities (linux) i've looked at:
>
>   mbrola (http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis)

Yeah, I ended up there, too.  I got quite excited because I kinda liked
the sound examples and the fact that I had actually control over the
phonemes.  Unfortunately they seem to be only distributing binary
versions and their version of a binary for linux-ppc doesn't work on my
system.  Looks like it's some dependency prob connected to libstdc++.
Will see if they can help.

>   festival (http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival.html)

I had a quick look (well I fiddled with some things for a couple of
hours).  It's a bit over my head right now although looks like there are
some interesting possibilitites in developing voices and such.  But it's
definitely usable in a very stright-forward manner.  I will prolly end
up using it in one way or another...

>      http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/saywhat

This is cool :)  Although not what I(thought)'m looking for for my
current project, but I'm beginning to see some interesting
possibilities...

Thanks everyone for the input.
./MiS