[PD] [GEM] [OSX] compile

tigital tigital at mac.com
Thu Jun 13 18:40:15 CEST 2002

>HI,
>
>Good to see action in gemland :)
>
>was wondering if anybody, managed to compile
>any of the gem versions to run on pd(os x) ?
>If yes could you point me in the right direction, please...
>Any info on other image (generation/manipulation/analasis/etc)
>pd externals that would run on pd os x, also welcome.
>
>so far i've found sonogram.
>
>How feasable/hard would it be to incorporate gstreamer.net elements in pd ?
>
>Thanks

uh, hello "i"...

...to my knowledge, there is no existing GEM that will compile on OS
X.  However, I've been working for the last coupla weeks on a
version, and it is coming along very nicely:  windows are working
with openGL contexts, patches open, and most "basic" examples are
working...as time allows, I'm adding image, movie, video, and model
requires the GLM library to also be ported...

...so I guess you can look forward to something in the near future,
but exactly when depends alot on how much "real-life" intrudes!

l8r,
jamie