[PD] Less intensive pitch shifting?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 14 04:29:32 CEST 2002

Hi Joseph et al.

First, I think you'll be lucky to get more than 3 voices of pitch shifting
on a 266 mHz. machine, and it doesn't matter much whether you're running
linux or Windoze.

It's probably best to allocate a fixed number of pitch shifters and
allocate them dynamically to the keys of your keyboard using the poly
object.  There isn't a simple example in the Pd doc of how to do this,
although #35 shows how to do it in a different situation where the note's
duration is known in advance.

cheers
Miller