[PD] acid

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jun 17 08:35:20 CEST 2002

Hi,
Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:

> I'm trying to produce an acidy type sound (eg 303) and having trouble as my
> current saw-tooth-through-a-vcf just sounds pretty wimpy. Any ideas on how
> to fatten it up a bit?

I might be wrong, but I think the 303 uses a square type of wave, so
if you use a square it might sound better. I did a simple 303-like
patch (pd303) using two LADSPA plugins for Linux, one square wave osc
with a little distortion (plugin.org.uk) and the LADSPA-CMT-plugin
vcf303 (www.ladspa.org/cmt) that is modeled after the vcf in the
Roland 303. It sounds quite ok, but is linux only until someone ports
the plugins to other systems or directly to PD, which shouldn't be very
hard.

> Is there some place where people post interesting Pd patches they've
> created for others to download at try out? Should there be?

The place is www.pure-data.org. You could also check the users list
and visit all their homepages, which is quite interesting ;)

ciao,