[PD] disabling mpeg3_has_video in gem .87

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Mon Jun 17 15:52:27 CEST 2002

Thanks Guenter, That did the trick,

but *now* upon loading PD refused to load gem because the mpeg3_has_video
symbol can't me found. arg. Can't help but think that there is a chain of
undefined symbols behind this one that I can only see one at a time.

So what is this symbol, I'm using libmpeg3 version 1.4-114 on SuSE8
Is this library to old? to new?

Thanks
Ben

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:
>
> > I've got gem .87 compiled again (without the 1394 error)
> > but now It's complaining about the glutsolidteapot symbol again!
> >
> > how do I disable that object?
>
> remove it from the Make.source file in the Geos directory and
> remove traces of it in Base/GemSetup.cpp
> make clean; make
>
> Greetings
>
> Guenter
>
> > I tried moving the teapot files from Geos
> > but the compile still tries to find it and fails (teapot is required by
> > all) I could not find a reference to which objects are compiled.
> >
> > I'm using SuSE 8, glut3.6 (from www.opengl.org)
> >
> > I got no errors setting up glut so I don't know what the symbol would be
> > missing... I'd be happy to get it to work, but I don't have much use for
> > the teapot!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ben
> >

> > B. Bogart