[PD] disabling mpeg3_has_video in gem .87

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 17 17:11:46 CEST 2002

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:
> Thanks Guenter, That did the trick,
>
> but *now* upon loading PD refused to load gem because the mpeg3_has_video
> symbol can't me found. arg. Can't help but think that there is a chain of
> undefined symbols behind this one that I can only see one at a time.

yeh.
it really seems that your external libraries are not found,
what does the configure (after "rm config.cache") say ?
where does it fail ?

where are the main libraries (like libmpeg3.so, libglut.so) ??
maybe you should add the correct path by hand to the Gnu/Makefile

> So what is this symbol, I'm using libmpeg3 version 1.4-114 on SuSE8
> Is this library to old? to new?

maybe it is really too old.
i am compiling against 1.5-4 of woody (debs can be found at
marillat.free.fr)

mfg.cds.ar
IOhannes