[PD] disabling mpeg3_has_video in gem .87

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Mon Jun 17 21:45:38 CEST 2002

./configure finds glm:

checking for main in -lglm... (cached) no
checking alternate -lglm in ../../../ ... (cached) ../../../GemLibs/glm
configure: warning: Trying to use glm library in ../../../GemLibs/glm

> does the configure find the glm-library ?

No errors, but I'm still getting the glmFacetNormals__FP8GLMmodel
"symbol not found" error when trying to load Gem.

# cat src/Gnu/config.log | grep glm
configure:2750: checking for main in -lglm
configure:2789: checking alternate -lglm in ../../../
configure:3619: checking for glm.h path

# cat src/Gnu/config.log | grep Tea
configure:2450: checking for glutSolidTeapot in -lglut

> btw: the glutSolidTeapot should have been found by the configure too.
>
> you do not have to have a libglut.so, a libglut.a will do too. ;-)

# find / -name libglut.so -print
/usr/local/glut-3.6/lib/glut/libglut.so

/usr/local/glut-3.6/lib/glut/ is in my /etc/ld.so.conf

I decided to look into yast2 to see what glut/mesa stuff it installed.
According to yast2 I have mesaglut, mesaglut-devel, mesa, mesa-devel,
mesaglu, mesaglu-devel and mesasoft all v 4.0.1-74. Should I remove all
these packages and try compiling glut, gltt, mesa etc from source? I
can't see whats going on here. gem.86 compiled and runs fine!!!

I'd appriciate any help.
Thanks
Ben

> mfg.cdsa.asd