[PD] Midi timing and ASIO under NT

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Tue Jun 18 03:53:33 CEST 2002

Hi all,

So I've been looking at midi timing with PD 0.35test26 and trying to get
things running nicely.

I have an RME multiface which I'm using for audio and midi I/O.

Using the MMIO driver (the default in PD) and using -sleepgrain 1 I can get
nice, tight midi timing irrespective of the audiobuffer size.

Using the ASIO driver (which should have the usual advantages for audio) I
can't get any better than 10ms granularity / jitter in the delivery of MIDI
messages.  The -sleepgrain option has no effect, nor does playing with
the -audiobuf option as far as I can see.

BTW how does the -audiobuf option interact with the ASIO buffer size setting
for the audio driver?

Thanks,
Daniel