[PD] disabling mpeg3_has_video in gem .87

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 18 11:33:25 CEST 2002

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:
> ./configure finds glm:
>
> checking for main in -lglm... (cached) no
> checking alternate -lglm in ../../../ ... (cached) ../../../GemLibs/glm
> configure: warning: Trying to use glm library in ../../../GemLibs/glm

please remoe the config.cache before doing ./configure
i know, that i should have removed it myself before  putting out the sources

>>does the configure find the glm-library ?
>

> No errors, but I'm still getting the glmFacetNormals__FP8GLMmodel
> "symbol not found" error when trying to load Gem.
>
> # cat src/Gnu/config.log | grep glm
> configure:2750: checking for main in -lglm
> configure:2789: checking alternate -lglm in ../../../
> configure:3619: checking for glm.h path
>

 >>btw: the glutSolidTeapot should have been found by the configure too.
 >>
> # cat src/Gnu/config.log | grep Tea
> configure:2450: checking for glutSolidTeapot in -lglu

well yes, this line would have come on any system (that made it that far)
what is the next line ?
i'd love something like :

checking for glutSolidTeapot in -lglut... yes

in the stdout of the configure (not in the config.log)

>>you do not have to have a libglut.so, a libglut.a will do too. ;-)
>

> # find / -name libglut.so -print
> /usr/local/glut-3.6/lib/glut/libglut.so
>
> mesaglu, mesaglu-devel and mesasoft all v 4.0.1-74. Should I remove all
> these packages and try compiling glut, gltt, mesa etc from source?
no ! (of course you can do, but i do not think that this might help)

> can't see whats going on here. gem.86 compiled and runs fine!!!

simple, since 0.86 does not use glut.

you might have to add the correct library path by hand
so something like "-L/usr/local/glut-3.6/lib/glut/" in the LDFLAGS-line