[PD] PD on handhelds

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Tue Jun 18 19:52:55 CEST 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Dupras, Martin wrote:

> Has anyone successfully managed to run PD on a handheld?
>
> If so, I would be very grateful if you would let me know
> which handheld and OS you tried, what kind of difficulties
> you encountered, and other such things.

Yes, I run it on my iPaq 31xx using familiar linux.
There is a version of pd 0.32 at ftp://xdv.org/pub/gige/PDa* compiled
for arm and the corresponding sources.

The problems were that I had to make substantial changes to pd in order
to do integer calculations only, because the system doesnt have a floating
point processor. Some things are not ported yet, like  arrays, for
example.

Basically this should be compilable on other operating systems too..

Guenter