[PD] disabling mpeg3_has_video in gem .87

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Tue Jun 18 21:01:07 CEST 2002

I'm using gcc 2.95.3

I tried adding that clause to my model.h and multimodel.h and the Gem
compile fails at:

In file included from model.h:24,
                 from model.cpp:17:
../../../glut-3.6/progs/demos/smooth/glm.h:33: redefinition of `struct
_GLMmaterial'
../../../glut-3.6/progs/demos/smooth/glm.h:40: previous definition here
../../../glut-3.6/progs/demos/smooth/glm.h:49: conflicting types for
`typedef struct GLMtriangle GLMtriangle'

Its quite important to me to get this thing working, because I imagine
new releases of Gem will have more in common with 87 than 86. Why am I
the lucky one?! ;) hehehe.

whats the relation between:
glut-3.6/progs/demos/smooth/glm.h
and
GemLibs/glm/glm.h

all the GL stuff is driving me crazy.

PS: anyone working on interfacing mbone tools (openMash.org) with PD?

Thanks again.
Ben

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:
> > I also tried Guenter's suggestion changing the glm.h to point to GL/gl.h
> > rather than GL/glut.h
> >
> > Gem always compiles fine, no errors, not always refuses to load with the
> > glmFacetNormals__FP8GLMmodel symbol "missing"
> >
> > I've been trying to get gem.87 to work since it was released on multiple
> > linux distros. Why can't I get it to work!?
> >
> > I really appreciate everyones efforts.
>

> There is one thing that you could try, that is putting
> extern "C" {
> #include <glm.h>
> }
> clause in model.h and multimodel.h ...
>
> but this is only a slim chance.
> It could be that your  compiler doesn't define __cplusplus
> Which version of gcc are you using ?
>

> Guenter
>

> > Thanks
> > Ben
> >

> >  On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, IOhannes
> > zmoelnig wrote:
> >
> > > you might have to add the correct library path by hand
> > > so something like "-L/usr/local/glut-3.6/lib/glut/" in the LDFLAGS-line

> > B. Bogart
> > ---------

B. Bogart
---------