[PD] PD on handhelds

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at mambo.peabody.jhu.edu
Tue Jun 18 22:25:00 CEST 2002

I have been successfully using GrIPD on a laptop that communicates, via
wireless networking, with a separate audio server machine for a while
now. It makes the concert setup considerably simpler since you don't need
to run audio from the stage to the house and all. Anyway, I don't really
know anything about handhelds, but GrIPD might be made to work with them.
For Linux you'd need wxPython and GTK+ although it might work with Motif.
It might also be possible to get it running on WindowsCE, since wxWindows
is just a wrapper for the native Windows GUIs, although I must admit that
I have absolutely no clue on what WindowsCE will run. anyway, it's
something to consider. If you play around with this, let me know, I would
be very interested in this, even though I don't currently own a handheld.

Joe

--