[PD] pix_video under linux

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Thu Jun 20 15:09:08 CEST 2002

ummmmmmmm

Was pix_video supposed to work under gem.87 under linux? because I just
happend to load the pix_video simple patch and I'm getting noise on the
square, in fact its looks an awful lot like the noise that comes out of
my winTV card when Its set to "tuner" input. Here is the output:

cap: name BT878(Hauppauge (bt878)) type 235 channels 4 maxw 640 maxh 576
minw 48 minh 32

picture: brightness 32768 depth 0 palette 0

channel 0 name Television type 1 flags 3
channel 1 name Composite1 type 2 flags 2
channel 2 name S-Video type 2 flags 2
channel 3 name Composite3 type 2 flags 2
buffer size 4259840, frames 2, offset 0 2129920

frame 0 0, format 4, width 48, height 32

allocating
GEM: pix_video: Opened video connection

Now I tried running the "video sphere" example patch, but that segfaulted
PD. So is this supposed to work? How do I change the video input source?
a message "channel 1" did not work. Even the teapot works!!!!!!!

I'm reading though the pix_video (linux) src now, but my c++ is
nonexistant! I'll see if I can find the method for "channel"

Thanks all, I'm simply blown away.

Ben

B. Bogart
---------