[PD] -flag for devices

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jun 24 20:47:11 CEST 2002

Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> I think it's possible to do this (pd -alsadev hw:1,0 -midiindev 2, for example)
> I haven't learned how to get listings of devices in Alsa yet.
aplay.c in the alsa-utils package is the reference code, especially the
two functions, pcm_list() and device_list() I think are valid here.

And regarding the midi devices I think it would be a good idea to be
able to specify the real devices, not only with "-midiindev x" where
the device then is /dev/midi(x-1)

Or can I call pd with "-midiindev /dev/snd/midiC0D0" already?

ciao,