Recursive Patches

ggkarman at airtel.net ggkarman at airtel.net
Tue Jun 25 01:45:28 CEST 2002

Thank you so much, it really seems that is what i was looking for but
unfortunately i have no experience with the shell or canvases and i
couldnt find any info on this in pd's documentation. I really need some
step by step instructions or references to get this working. I guess
that my limited understanding of english is making things even harder.
My (really) basic questions are the following:

>In case of a not too deep recursion, probably the simplest would
>be to put something like [$1-quap $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 ...] into
>1-quap.pd

Does this mean making a new patch whose name is l-quap.pd and contains
a message box with the text
		[;
		$1-quap $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 ...]
in it?

>then make a dummy 0-quap.pd,

does this mean making a copy of the patch 1-quap.pd containing the same
message box and saving it?

>nd type something like
>for fn in {2,3,4,5,6,7,8,...}-quap.pd ; do ln -sf 1-quap.pd $fn ; done
>into the shell

i guess the shell is reached by going to /edit/texteditor. Do i have to
have both patches open (does this even make sense?)? Does it matter
from what patch i launch the text editor?

When i type in the text editor and send what you suggested pd returns:

	{:dropped
	}:dropped

and nothing else happens. Is this an error? What should happen now?

Thanks again

 ¿Quieres conocer todo sobre el mundial?¿Quieres que lleguen los goles
de España a tu móvil?¿Quieres ganar equipaciones de la selección?
¿Quieres que suene el himno nacional en tu móvil?¿Quieres animar a la
selección y que tu mensaje lo vean miles de personas? Ahora, todo esto
y mucho más en http://mundial2002.vizzavi.es/