[PD] Spigot Creation agruments?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Jun 25 12:31:12 CEST 2002

hi Dave,

what spigot functionality is not available in gate?

Ok, spigot is more intuitive, if one is looking at a patch and reading
it right-to-left, but, if I am right about its functionality, it is
a subset of gate's.  In order to replace a spigot with a gate, one
simply makes input connections crossed.

Gate may be created with multiple outlets (up to 100 in max4,
no limit in cyclone), and its state might be queried.

Btw, gate also accepts a '<flag> <anything>' message in left inlet,
but (for whatever reason I am afraid to ask about) the <flag>
closes/opens the gate only after this message was processed (of
course I do know what is the technical reason...)

Krzysztof