[PD] Trying to get pix_movie to run under Linux

tigital tigital at mac.com
Thu Jun 27 15:38:11 CEST 2002

>I am trying to get pix_movie to load one of the example files
>(alea.mpg) . I get an error saying alea.mpg does not appear to be a
>supported movie. Same message for anim-1.mov .
>I installed quicktime directory underneath directory
>gem-0.87/quicktime ie. beside gem-0.87/src etc. Is this the proper
>place to put it? Anyone have any ideas what else could be wrong?
>Thanks.
>Jim

Are you using precompiled binaries or have you compiled it yourself?
I'm not sure what options are available with the precompiled
binaries, but there are three compiler flags that can be set:

-DHAVE_QUICKTIME
-DHAVE_MPEG
-DHAVE_MPEG3

...so ya might wanna check the makefile to see which ones are being
used, and then adjust to your setup...btw, I don't know how the
quicktime lib is supposed to be installed, so you may want to double
check that your doing it correctly...

l8r,
jamie