[PD] Trying to get pix_movie to run under Linux

Jim Ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Fri Jun 28 21:28:02 CEST 2002

Sorry IOhannes I still can't seem to get this to work.

>>uäh !
>>which system are you using ?

I'm using RH7.2

>>header-files should go into /usr/include

Yes headers are there.

>>and libraries to /usr/lib

I had to manually put them there (libquicktime.so and libquicktime.a) .
These files were in /usr/include/quicktime/i686 . Now in /usr/lib .

>>the quicktime library-file is searched in the standard-path (/usr/lib !)
>>only. maybe you have to add your path to the /etc/ld.so.conf and
>>rundldconfig first.

I added the path /usr/lib here and ran ldconfig.

>>i heavily suggest using installation-packages (*.rpm, *.deb) for
>>installing libraries.
>>if you cannot find a needed package for your favourite distro, try using
>>http://rpmfind.net/

The only redhat binary I found installed a tar file in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES . This file contained the same files I already
downloaded. Anyone following this thread  successfully load the
quicktime4linux files under redhat?? If you have any further thoughts on
how I could debug this Johanness I'd appreciate it.
Jim