[PD] string ops and others

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sun Jun 30 15:54:44 CEST 2002

hi,

'strcat' used to be somewhere in gem, also zexy/makesymbol is,
in a way, a multi-strcat.

If you do not mind becoming an alpha tester, I have just recently
cloned most of the standard max string/symbol-handling classes
(sprintf, spell, match, to/fromsymbol) -- [sprintf] object would
do for strcat() and more, while strstr() functionality could be
emulated with something like:

<symbol>->[spell]->[match]->[thresh]->[sprintf %c%c%c...]->[tosymbol]
<pattern>->[spell]->[thresh]->[prepend set]->[<the match above>]

Btw, does anybody know of a max version which would handle
a sprintf's 'symout' argument according to the reference manual?

Btw, I would be glad to know about any externals handling smpte
code as well...

rzsz