[PD] MOTU 2408mkII
dave at davesabine.com
Sat Jul 6 03:15:26 CEST 2002
I thought I should report my experience with MOTU's 2408mkII. I understand that PD users are very concerned with hardward configurations and such things (particularly when dealing with ASIO and multi-channeling).
I LOVE IT!
FYI: I posted a question last week just prior to buying the device. Nobody responded with info or opinions specifically about the 2408mkII; but there were some interesting responses about the MOTU 808.
I have now been using the 2408 for approximately two hours and my initial response is very positive. Here are the details so far:
- 2408mkII - Firewire device.
- ASIO drivers (WDM) (MME support is also just a click away but I've used WDM within PD) Latency is not noticeable. I haven't tested it for an exact measurement, but let me say right now that I don't hear any delay at all; if i had to guess, latency is much less than 10 ms.
- standard windows drivers also work just fine, but latency is "normal".
- PD 0.35 test 28
1.8 P4 processor.
- 8 channels works great! I just have to buy more speakers!
With 2 channels of simoultaneous input and output, CPU usage bounces around 12 - 16%. (That's running signal directly from adc~ to dac~ with no other processing.)
- 2408mkII price $1450 canadian dollars. Considering other hardware on the market I felt that this was very fair and reasonable.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pd-list