[PD] variable delay that can go to 0?

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 9 10:08:53 CEST 2002

Hi,
bsaylor at macalester.edu hat gesagt: // bsaylor at macalester.edu wrote:

> Has anyone written a variable delay object that can go to zero?

vd~ ?

> I know feedback wouldn't be possible, but I've found a couple of
> situations where such an object would be useful.  Isn't there a
> minimum delay time of one block with delwrite~ and vd~?

This topic is one of the mysteries in PD, but it is explained in
3.audio.examples/72.execution.order.pd

I had to contemplate this a lot, before I understood, what's going on
there.

Basicall you have to make sure, that the delwrite is executed before
delread or vd~, then you can get delay times as small as zero, without
a block in between.

ciao,