[PD] (ot) dir_colors

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Tue Jul 16 04:07:35 CEST 2002

Hmmmm I'm thinking you probably can't do it (without perhaps running an X
server ontop of aqua and using an X terminal?)

notice how when you type "exit" in the "terminal" that the window does not
close by itself? seems to me "terminal" is a very bare terminal indeed.

Good luck, I'd be interested if you do get it to work!

Ben

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 ppagano at bellsouth.net wrote:

> This is ot i know
> but is there a way in OSX to colorise file names in the Terminal.app? I tried the DIR_COLORS linux thing but it does not seem to work,i also switched to bash and still no luck. I would just like to have .aiff's green, .au's white and exe's red etc.. I have found plenty of linux docs on this but nowhere for OSX. PLease forgive teh OT but i know
> it has to be possible and i at least know there are a few OSXers on this list
>
> cheers~
>
> pat

B. Bogart
---------