[PD] getting an external to work!!!!

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Thu Jul 25 17:02:42 CEST 2002

Hi,
Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 hat gesagt: // Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:

> you can copy the pd_linux file into your pd/extra folder (mine is
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/) or you can just run pd from the same folder as
> your extern with:
>
> pd -lib file
>
> Where "file" is the name of your extern without the .pd_linux part.

If you have only a single .pd_linux file for a single object, and not
a real library full of objects like IEMLIB or ggee, then you don't
need to start with -lib. The pd_linux file just has to be in a
directory inside of PD's search path, which can be set with "-path
/my/extern/directory" or in the directory next to the using patch.

ciao,