[PD] convolution beginning

J. Scott Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 30 03:30:02 CEST 2002

     i'm attaching my attempt at convolution. it's basic convolution, and
i have a 200 point impule response in stereo built into the code. i'm
pretty sure my algorithm will work, except that current processors might
not be able to swing it in real time... nothing fancy like FFT.

     what i did was take the pan~ example from the external HOWTO website,
and i modified it with my fingers crossed. the only problem is that
writing externals is still alien to me, and my C/C++ ability isn't exactly
world renound either. if you're pretty good with externals and understand
convolution you should take a look at it. if you can get it to work, the
sound file you plug into it should come from BEHIND you. pretty cool huh?
fix it and send me the correct code!!!! please? :)

                                 scott

	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981