[PD] Multiple audiofile writes from pd...

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 1 08:27:25 CEST 2002

Hi,
nullpointer hat gesagt: // nullpointer wrote:

> I don't think that the defualt soundfile objects with my windows
> version of pd work (the docs say linux only) are there win ports?
> and any instructions to go with em ( i have too many objects with
> just in(outlets) and no idea what to stick in em :) .....

I checked the release notes of my pd-0.35-test29 install:

"In MS windows, you can now use "readsf~/writesf~" for spooling sounds
to and from disk."

I'm on linux, so I don't know, if that's true, but I suppose so ;)

Usage of writesf~ is simple: Just connect your signals to writesf~
objects, send them "open somefile.wav" messages to specify the
filenames to write to and then "start" and "stop" recording with
appropriate messages.

ciao,