[PD] Jmax VS PD

mark mark at junklight.com
Fri Aug 2 00:06:02 CEST 2002

I am perhaps a little less biased than Miller :-).

I looked at both PD and jMax a while ago and am subscribed to
both lists as well.

I eventually settled on PD - it doesn't look as nice as JMax (but
lets not get into that one) but it seems to have greater support and
a more active and vibrant community of externals writers - without
wanting to get into any politics PD seems a little well, free'er than
jmax too but that might just be my perception.

PD is easier to get running as well. (in fact on windows I just regularly
download the latest zip and wop it over the old install)

You are not going to loose out either way - the basic concepts are the
same in both and you will find switching easy so just dive in...

cheers

mark