[PD] Jmax VS PD

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Aug 2 01:35:24 CEST 2002

On 2 August 2002 at 00:38:28, Yves Degoyon wrote:
 > more seriously, some not-too-partial elements of choice
 > can be found in the mailing-list archive :

 > just, search "jmax".
 >
 > we're not gonna get through all of this again.
 > nothing has changed much.

not having committed my mustard in the past, i'd
just like to comment that i also have tried out
both jmax and pd, concentrating on jmax
(2.4.x, 2.5.x under linux) for a goodly while
until i realized that pd's resident memory signature
is oodles smaller than jmax's (all that java)
and that when it comes down to it, they both
offer pretty much the same kind of processing
possibilities... these days, i prefer pd.

marmosets,
	Bryan